Battlefield 1 was released on October 21, 2016 by EA. The game was developed by EA DICE. Battlefield 1 is a first person shooter.
Battlefield 1 “will be a return to a Battlefield military-style game,” which players rave about. Hardline swerved from this standard (I am sure COD fans would disagree with me on this) that was the preceding Battlefields.
This time around the game will be focused on the first world war. The idea is to get closer to the trench warfare style of game which has not really been seen that much with games. There is no night vision or infrared scopes. There are no strategic bombers or cruise missiles. Instead the player has to contend with reloading rifles and machine guns.
The map of the world at the onset of the first world war was much different from the world today. This gives Battlefield 1 some historical perspective.
Players spawn onto the battle and fight to take the majority of strategic locations. Small arms are standard and light armour is available along with some artillery.
The game features the use of war horses which last saw action when Hitler invaded Poland. In the first world war, horses were still widely used but they were killed easily due thanks to automatic weapons fire.
- Assault Class: The primary anti-vehicle class. Assault players have SMG’s and automatic rifles at their disposal.
- Medic Class: The Medic class is primarily focused on reviving fellow teammates, healing them, and repairing their vehicles.
- Support Class: Supports have light-machine guns at their disposal. They also contribute to the team by replenishing their fellow team-mates’ ammo.
- Scout Class: Scouts use sniper rifles.
- Tanker Class: Players choosing to spawn into a tank will now automatically spawn as the tanker class. There is a hammer that can repair vehicles.
- Pilot Class: Players who spawn into a plane will now automatically spawn as the pilot class.
Players who want to play the French or Russian armies will have to buy a season’s premium pass. The first pack will be titled They Shall Not Pass, a French battle cry from World War 1 inspired by a speech from general Robert Nivelle during the Battle of Verdun. On top of 16 new maps and associated operations and game modes, the Battlefield 1 premium pass will also encompass 20 new weapons, 14 special dog tags, and 14 loot-bearing Battlepacks to be delivered monthly starting in November 2016.
DICE has rebuilt the engine to better support melee combat. Weapons such as clubs and swords are featured. Even a shovel can be used to fight with. The game also has various vehicles such as early tanks, armoured trucks and more.
The game will support 64 players on a server to make it a real clash.The squad system will allow groups to enter and leave.
|Operating System||Windows 7 x64 or better|
|CPU||Core i5-6500 processor or better|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||85 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or better
AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 or better
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|