Windows 10 KB4467708 applies to version 1809, KB4467702 applies to version 1803 and KB4467686 applies to version 1709. We recommend installing the latest updates including to have the most security available in the online world today.
- Provides protections against an additional subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639) for AMD-based computers. These protections aren’t enabled by default. For Windows client (IT pro) guidance, follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server guidance, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use these guidance documents to enable mitigations for Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639). Additionally, use the mitigations that have already been released for Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from signing in to a Microsoft account (MSA) as a different user if signing in a second time.
- Addresses an issue that denies file system access to Internet of Things (IoT) Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps that require this capability.
- Addresses an issue that causes the on-screen keyboard to appear when running automated tests or when you install a physical keyboard.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Windows Scripting, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Media, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, and Windows Wireless Networking.
The CPU fixes are for known AMD issues with some of their newer processors which have shared floating point logic etc
The issues of signing in are fixed too so that when remote desktop users return from lunch then the machines will work properly again and nobody has to wait to sign in.
We also noticed out Lenovo X220 CPU is not running hard like it used to. We installed Windows 10 1809 clean and it seems that the updates have resolved some performance issues. Intel has updated their chipset INF pack too. Grab that and install it to be sure your chipset is working as best it can.