Windows 10 KB4487044 applies to version 1809. This brings Windows to OS Build 17763.316. This release also contains updates for Microsoft HoloLens.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens that allows users to bypass the lock screen sign in process in some work flows.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, and Windows App Platform and Frameworks
- Addresses an issue that fails to set the LmCompatibilityLevel value correctly. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies the authentication mode and session security.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database fails to open with the error, “Unrecognized Database Format”.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Edge from loading webpages using a local IP address or a VPN connection.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment sign-in to fail if Windows 2019 Server domain controllers (DC) are used for authentication. The error is, “That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a different method to sign in”. If Active Directory (AD) activity tracing is enabled, a Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) exception may occur in the Windows 2019 DC when processing a user’s sign in.
Some problems with Japanese characters may be an issues for some users.
Windows 10 version 1809 has been relatively problem free. We installed it fresh from ISO images as inplace upgrades tend to be problematic at the best of times.
Some users are reporting Error 0x80070003, see the post on Fixing Windows Update.