The new ASUS ROG STRIX RX Vega 64 is the latest high-end card for PC gaming.
ASUS is still using a 100 percent automated production process for its GPUs, an industry-first that helps the company ensure a specific standard of quality and longevity.
- MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer.
- Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips with hybrid controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB LED synchronization enables a gaming system personalization.
- VR-friendly HDMI ports let you enjoy VR experiences anytime without having to swap cables.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and real-time streaming.
Asus uses a three ball bearing fan cooler so that they can overclock their edition enough to compete with the NVIDIA GTX 1070.
- 4096 shaders
- 1247 MHz
- 1546 MHz bost
- 256 TMU
- 64 ROPs
- 8GB HBM2
- 484 GB/s
- 12.66 TFLOPS
- 2048-bit memory interface
The Asus Aurora LED color system allows users to color coordinate the card with what ever style they want. By using LED coolers the popularity of the card will likely be enhanced for those who use transparent sides on their gaming rig boxes. The DirectCU III cooler is more than 40% better than the reference cooler and it is 30% cooler in operation.
Asus machines their GPU coolers better than the reference design. This way the thermal material can be even thinner. MaxContact is an industry-first GPU cooling technology, featuring an enhanced copper heat spreader that directly contacts the GPU. MaxContact utilizes precision machining to provide a surface that makes up to 2X more contact with the GPU than traditional heat spreaders, resulting in improved thermal transfer.
The Asus GPU tweak tool allows users to attempt to overclock the card even more. The Asus Fan management is also able to stop the fans when the card load in low.
This card is suitable for 1920×1080, 2560×1440 and 3820×2160 panels. Most games can be played on max graphics and maintain 60 fps. Only a few titles are too demanding at 4K for max graphics.
The RX Vega comes with a base clock 1247MHz and a boost of 1546MHz.This increases the power draw over reference by about 40W.
The card has dual 8-pin PCI Express power connectors, it needs a robust power supply. More so for dual cards.
The Strix RX Vega 64 comes with two HDMI 2.0 ports, two DisplayPort 1.4 ports and one DVI-D port.