Evolve was released February 10, 2015 by 2K. The game was developed by Turtle Rock Studios. Evolve is a coop first person shooter. After slow sales, the publisher elected to adopt the free to play model in an effort to get more players interested. The game has been recast as Evolve Stage 2.
In a savage world of man vs nature, are you the hunter or the hunted? Turtle Rock Studios bring you Evolve, the next-generation of multiplayer shooters where four hunters face-off against a single, player-controlled monster.
Evolve is a true next-generation multiplayer shooter game featuring addictive adrenaline-pumping 4v1 action. One player-controlled Monster must evade and outsmart a team of four uniquely skilled playable Hunters.
The game forces new players to spend 2 minutes learning the game tactics. WASD are normal but the game has jetpacks so players can leap around and over obstacles. This is done with the space bar in combination with WASD. It takes a few moments to figure it out. Then once that is done the training continues with Markov.
The game has lots of skills based factors which make it more interesting for players. The monsters become more difficult as the training progresses. Like Left 4 Dead 2, injured players can be revived to continue to fight a monster etc. We have played Orion: Prelude which is slightly similar with large areas to play with.
The game has lots of skills based challenges. It also has daily rewards to encourage more gameplay.
The game developer Turtle Rock Studios was acquired by Valve Corporation in 2008. The game is built with Steamworks so you are able to play with any friend that also has the game and can also join games easily directly from the friends list just like Left 4 Dead 2 or Team Fortress 2 .
Choose a hunter that fits your play style. Whether you play as the Trapper, Support, Assault, or Medic, every role is vital and teamwork is key in surviving an encounter with the monster.
Neither flora nor fauna are friendly on planet Shear. Fall victim to natural hazards or use them strategically against your prey.
The Evolve: Stage 2 now makes all the content available for those who can earning through gameplay.
This game uses a new generation engine which drops support for the older generation consoles. The graphics quality is excellent and player with an adequate rig will find them very appealing.
This game has been patched several times and it’s now generally solid. We have not seen any glitches with the Free to Play game which has all the patches included.
- 4V1-Grab three friends and hunt the monster or stalk the humans as the evolving beast. Whichever side you choose, you will have access to powerful weapons and abilities that deliver balanced, competitive gameplay.
- Hunt Together or Die Alone- Choose a hunter that fits your play style. Whether you play as the Trapper, Support, Assault, or Medic, every role is vital and teamwork is key in surviving an encounter with the monster.
- Beast of Prey -As the monster -the lone predator -you are the boss battle. Use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to wreak havoc, kill the humans and prove you are the dominant species.
- Savage Planet-Neither flora nor fauna are friendly on planet Shear. Fall victim to natural hazards or use them strategically against your prey.
- Character Customization- Level up to unlock new upgrades, skins and perks for your favorite class: hunter or monster. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.
This game and many like it can use more than 4096MB VRAM with the graphics maximized. Makes the case for considering cards with 8192MB or even more memory installed. 64-bit systems do not have the limitations of old, and now games are free to use additional resources. The GTX Titan X with 12288MB VRAM is the new extreme until somebody makes a card with 16+GB.
We reviewed this game with a Radeon HD 7870 which is adequate for contemporary titles.