FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate was released in November 19, 2017 by Alex Olinkiewicz who also developed the game. FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate is a first person survival horror game.
The game is relatively standard as a first person shooter but there is a lot of exploration to find weapons, key codes and so on.
The game is clearly influenced by John Carpenter’s The Thing and Resident Evil. Gameplay is closest to Resident Evil 7.
Taking place in an arctic setting, players must watch their body temperature as it will slowly drain throughout. As the body temperature decreases the player will notice some negative effects and will even loose health if their body temp is at 0%.
Lockers are found in various locations so keys etc are needed to open them.
- A1: Health Drink, Caffeinated Spice
- A2: Rifle Ammo, Chem Fluid
- A3: Energy Drink, Sweet Spice
- A4: Revolver Ammo, Heat Drink
- A5: Shotgun Ammo, Chem Fluid
- A6: Gunpowder, Spicy Spice
- B1: Shotgun Ammo, Chem Fluid
- B2: Energy Drink, Spicy Spice
- B3: Revolver Ammo, Health Drink
- B4: Gunpowder, Sweet Spice
- B5: Rifle Ammo, Chem Fluid
- B6: Heat Drink, Caffeinated Spice
- Exploration, Item Management, Puzzles, and Combat is the primary gameplay.
- an Area Temperature system that can be affected by the players actions and in return affects the player character’s body temperature.
- 4 Difficulty Modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, and Nightmare).
- a Resident Evil inspired Save System that requires an item to save your game.
- a Silent Hill inspired Map system that marks open/lock doors and presents your current objective.
The game features Steamworks with achievements.
|Operating System||Windows 7 x64 or better|
|CPU||Core 2 Quad or better|
|Memory||4 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||100 MB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|