The JideTech IT Wu-Fi security camera is a low cost unit designed for indoor or outdoor use.
AVOID THIS CAMERA, IT’S NOT SECURE
- Model : GTN-HQ1045MW
- Video Compression:H.264
- Lens:3.6/F1.2 Fixed lens
- Motion Detection:Support
- Remote:DDNS, Software, P2P
- Day/Night: Auto/Color/B/W
- Mobile:Support iPhone, Android
- Effective Pixels: 1280(H)x720(V)
- Min.Illumination:0.01 LUX(IR ON)
- Video Frame Rate : 720P (1280*720) 30fps
- Processing System:Internal Linux system
- Image Sensor : 1/4″ 1.0 Megapixel OV9712 CMOS
- Network:Ethernet (10/100 Base-T),RJ-45 connector
- Wifi: 802.11b/g/n, 150Mbps, Supports WEP,WPA,WPA2
- Working Environment:-30??C~+60??C, Waterproof IP66
- Protocol:HTTP/DHCP/IP/TCP/UDP/DDNS/RTSP/SMTP; Onvif
This camera has more security holes than you can imagine. The designer hard coded a telnet account to the camera which can be opened by Mirai botnet in just under 5 minutes. The malware then can use the camera for DDoS attacks, spamming and worse.
Homeland Security chief Jeh Johnson are urging device makers to secure everyday objects that connect to the internet. We cannot agree more.
There is no way to fix the firmware as it seems to be in ROM rather than flash. This means problems cannot be fixed.
It is possible to use the camera behind a firewall. But the credential problem is a serious security breach.