Just Cause 3 was released on December 1, 2015 by Square Enix. The game was developed by Avalanche Studios. Just Cause 3 is a third person action game.
The Mediterranean republic of Medici is suffering under the brutal control of General Di Ravello, a dictator with an insatiable appetite for power. Enter Rico Rodriguez, a man on a mission to destroy the General’s hold on power by any means necessary.
With over 400 square miles of complete freedom from sky to seabed and a huge arsenal of weaponry, gadgets and vehicles, prepare to unleash chaos in the most creative and explosive ways you can imagine.
This is the 3rd installment of the series. The map size is similar to that of the setting of Just Cause 2 with 400 square miles (1,000 km2) dedicated to the new setting.
Now the player can climb buildings more easily and explore caverns etc. The world of the game is composed of five major biomes, with each having unique landmarks and landscapes.
A variety of tools are provided to players for traversal in the game. Just Cause 2 ’s signature features – the grappling hook and parachute – reappear with improved mechanics. The focus on chaos and exaggerated physics also remain.
Creativity and destruction are heavily emphasized in Just Cause 3. For instance, many things in the game, including structures like bridges and statues, can be destroyed in a variety of ways. A new mechanic called Rebel Drop allows the player to pause the game to select equipment, weapons, and vehicles through a pause menu. The selected objects are dropped into the game’s world and can be used by players.
If you like open world gaming and lots of explosions, this game is for you. The game needs a bit of work in the driving physics but overall its lots of fun. Overall the mechanics are better than Just Cause 2.
The wing suit which allows you to glide over the landscape makes it easy to get around. The game has speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fuelled sports cars and super bikes.
The terrain is also littered with lots of secrets that can take many hours to find.
The side-quests are numerous and mini-game like. If you’ve ever played Saints Row or Grand Theft Auto games, you know what these side-quests will consist of. Air races, Deliveries, Destruction Rampages, Time Trials and the like. Side quests in Just Cause 3 give power ups such as nitrous oxide etc.
- Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits
- Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above
- Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos
- Cause massive chains of destruction in military bases, harbors, prisons, police stations and communications facilities to bring down a dictator
- Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes