SITE PERFORMANCE

We have changed the default settings in WordPress after discovering that the default memory allocation is only 64MB. We changed this to 256MB and the site performance improved considerably.

With improved page load times, we expect that Google will start to recognize the content here more favorably. It’s been a week since we installed the new URL to the site so we expect that Google should be more less done indexing the site. Traffic on the site has been steady as about 1/2 the users are regulars. Google provides the other half.

We also added more security to the site mostly to prevent problems affecting the servers. We block hotlinking images and only allow permalinks to the whole page etc. This is due to the bandwidth quotas imposed by Azure for the site.

Speed is critical in this age of instant gratification etc.