System Shock Enhanced Edition was released on September 6, 2018 by NightDive Studios. The game was developed by Looking Glass Studios. System Shock Enhanced Edition is a remake of the classic 1994 System Shock.
This is a Source engine remake of the original System Shock that was a popular cyber punk action role playing game in the first person.
- Higher resolution support up to 4K widescreen mode
- Mouselook support
- Rebindable keyboard/mouse/joystick commands
- Adapted to Nightdive’s KEX engine
- Support for both Direct3D and OpenGL
- Option to switch between hi-resolution Mac assets and the original DOS assets
- Official support for fan missions and fan mods
- New unified options menu that allows changing preferences before gameplay
- Adjustable FOV (Field of View)
- Smoother camera rotation and translation
- Improved control scheme which allows faster and streamlined experience
- Brand new achievements
- In-Game remappable keys with three profiles to choose from: original controls, custom controls, and left handed controls.
The original game did not run well on modern machines so the developer took advantage of the free Source Engine and went to work enhancing the game.
|Operating System||Windows 7 or better|
|CPU||Core 2 Duo or better|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||1 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||Integrated OpenGL|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|